Thursday, May 9, 2013

A New Adventure

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to have more adventures. I think I have been pretty successful so far. Let me share with you what adventures I have taken since January.

*Explored new nature trails near my home, which ended in a black and bruised knee
*Have worked both second and third shift at a group home with 10 boys and survived
*Traveled to Chicago in winter and explored the city
*Adopted a 3 year old shih tzu named Wesley
*Completed 2 9-mile hikes, including one to a large waterfall in the Smoky Mountains
*Applied to graduate school and was accepted. I start classes in the fall.
*Sold my first car that I've owned for seven years and in the process of finding a new (to me) car
*Purchased tickets to Bonnaroo! for the summer, which will be my third music festival, but the first with my husband
*Started writing a blog (this one!)

And, this hasn't happened yet, but in two weeks, my husband and I are going camping on the beach in South Carolina for our honeymoon.

I want my life to exude faith, love, hope, free-spiritedness, and joy, which are things I believe I possess. I can't wait to go on more adventures and share them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment