Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Most Wonderful (Hectic, Crazy, Cold, and Beautiful) Time of the Year

As you may have noticed, I haven't been blogging too much lately. Well, I hope you can forgive me, but my family and I have been extra busy getting ready for the holiday season! Christmas has always been a big deal in my family. In fact, my husband and I are driving almost 1000 miles for this Christmas season and are staying gone over a week to visit family and friends "back home."

Although the driving gets tiring and my mind gets restless in the car, seeing my family and friends whom I haven't seen or have gotten to spend quality time with in a while makes all of the hardship, gas money, and boredom in the car worth it. Every. Single. Time. We love and miss our friends and family greatly, so the driving is a very small price to pay.

We might be spending the actual holiday of Christ's birth in our hometowns, but Josh (the hubs) and I have gotten into the spirit by decorating our very own (and first!) Christmas tree, decorating gingerbread houses at holiday work functions, enjoying and walking in our local Christmas parades, enjoying our hot cocoa, and have been watching Christmas movies almost non-stop since December began! (We might be going
 overboard. But hey Christmas only comes once a year right?) Our pup has even gotten into the spirit by lying on his blanket beneath the tree. Let's not forgot the real reason for the season though-----Christ's birth. I pray you keep Him in mind as well over your crazy, hectic holiday plans.
Pictures of our Christmas season are posted below.

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season this year!







No comments:

Post a Comment